Monday, April 25, 2011

Five Years

Today Ben and I are celebrating our five year anniversary. I must admit that in the beginning I never thought we would survive to the five year mark. Placing two type A personalities together can be volatile, but we made it. And life is better than ever (at least now that Ben's law school finals are over). April 15th (our actual anniversary) was bipassed due to overwhelming stress and nerves on both our parts, and was replaced with today. So here's to five years, and maybe five more...just kidding!

Blaine's happenings:

- Easter was spent at Grandma and Grandpa's house where we had a big dinner and easter egg hunt. It took Blaine a while to catch onto finding the eggs, but once he did he spent his time throwing them against the retaining wall.

- The other day I took Blaine to the park, and we brought his Toy Story ball to play with. There was another mom there with her son and a ball as well. Blaine spent his time following the mom around saying "varoom, varoom". I had to explain that apparently her Cars ball was cooler than our Toy Story ball.

- Blaine is pretty good at sharing when I ask him to. But once in a while, he has something he really wants (like candy), and it's really hard to share. I'll ask him for a piece, and he'll reach out his hand and almost put the candy in my mouth, only to change his mind and stuff it into his own mouth. While eating the candy from the easter eggs, I asked him for a piece, at which time he quickly found all the pieces lying around and stuffed them into his mouth all at once so I couldn't have any. I guess we'll have to work on that.






3 comments:

John and Courtney Houghton said...

He is growing up so fast Jess! Loved the stories as always. Congrats on your 5th! I can't believe it has been that long already.

dana and justin said...

Congrats Jess and Ben! I'm sorry I didn't see you when we were down there. It was a short trip! Next time we will do it... Blaine is so grown up:)

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

No idea you had a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your little family :-) Blaine is getting SO big!!!

Congrats on law school year #1 down. Ryan finished his yesterday and we've been SOOO happy!!! The stress is gone (for now) until August 29th. It may take me awhile to get this thought out of my head though..."I wonder when Ryan will start studying tonight..." Oh wait...HE'S NOT!!! No more school until fall!!! WOOOO!!!