Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mini Vacation

The longer I'm married, the more I appreciate what a wonderful, thoughtful husband I have; and the more I appreciate a good girlfriend. Being able to voice exactly what I'm thinking and feeling without the fear of being judged; having a deep conversation where I feel that I learn more about myself by talking aloud.

Maybe I'm going through a midlife crisis, I'm not quite sure, but I feel that my life is a ticking time bomb right now and every second must be filled. I am filled with anxiety that tomorrow is going to be here too soon, and I didn't do enough with today. At the same time, I have grown such a strong appreciation for the life that I possess. Crazy? I might be.

While visiting Newport the past few days, I basked in the opportunity to reflect on my thoughts and really observe my son interacting with life.








A few things Blaine has been up to:

- Blaine has learned to say "cool" when he thinks something is really neat. In Newport we put him and Scarlett in a bike trailer, to which he repeatedly said, "cool".

- Whenever Ben is home, Blaine has to be with him (meaning Ben either has to hold him or he has to sit on Ben's lap). This behavior continues even while Ben is on the toilet, Blaine does not care.

- When saying prayers, Blaine spends the whole time staring at us, smiling. He waits until the end and then yells, "Amen amen". One time he decided he was done with the prayer early and started saying, "Amen" in the middle of it.

- I keep Blaine's pacifier tucked in the side of my bra so I always know where it is. Sometimes when he's looking for his "binks" (pacifier), he'll come up to me and pull down my shirt searching for it. This happens quite often in public places, and I think I might have to rethink my hiding place.

1 comment:

Courtney M said...

I'm glad we can be crazy together :-) Love the post about little Blaine.