Saturday, October 4, 2008

Update

Just so that everyone can validate my excuse for not posting, my computer crashed about a month ago. I know that there are other computers that I can post from (including my decrepit old computer that Ben has inherited), but posting is painful enough without dealing with an incompetent computer. However, Ben was the best husband ever and ordered me a new computer, so I'm all geared up and ready. And since my last post there has been a lot going on:

1. My sister, Carissa, had her little baby boy a month early on September 1st! His name is Tyler and he is the cutest thing. Tyler has been diagnosed with down syndrome, which I feel like is the greatest blessing ever, and I am so excited to be a part of his life.








2. My best friend from high school was married, and I was able to spend the evening with all my high school friends (which never happens).




3. Ben and I went to Lake Powell in August with the Kennedy family and had an amazing time (thanks again for letting us tag along). I have yet to post the recipe that I promised so long ago (same excuse...computer crashed...sorry).


Spicy Chicken Casserole:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chili
1 can corn
7 oz. salsa
1 cup rice uncooked (cook before adding to casserole)
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (I usually put my chicken in the crockpot and shred it)
1 cup shredded mozerella cheese
1 cup shredded chedder cheese

Mix everything together and cook at 350 for twenty to thirty minutes. You can serve it be itself or in tortillas. You can also add sour cream, lettuce, ranch dressing, or whatever you like to the burritos.


4. I started my second and final year of grad school, which is absolutely horrible and I can't wait to be done. I am doing an internship at HOPE Counseling where I get to work with families in their homes doing psychosocial rehabilitation and therapy.


5. Gus is still our favorite son...



6. Ben's parents were nice enough to invite us to the Cayman Islands for a week in September. Although it seems we get enough vacations, this was a much needed break. Thanks you Cyndie and Matthew! We had a great time!







7. My dad took my sister and I to Washington in August to visit our Grandma Belnap and to see the famous Forks!! Yes, we're major Twilight gurus and we even got Twilight sweatshirts!






8. We're still living in Las Vegas...and pretending that we're moving to San Diego soon.


AND...

There's more but you'll have to wait a few more months until I have the energy to post again.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

AND...you are pregnant?? i wish!
love the update, carissa's kids are so cute!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Great post! Just one question. What exactly is going on in the Lake Powell pic? And is that Ben in the background?

Darci Buhl said...

Umm...you forgot the most important thing. Post again soon! I need yet another blog to read.

Trisha said...

Toasty - I didn't know you went to Forks. Did you just love it? We did. Looks like you guys had tons of fun this summer, were you ever at home? You lucky ducks! Those are some beautiful pictures of Cree's kids.

Ry and Wendi said...

You are alive...I knew you couldnt leave us hanging forever!!!

Rachel said...

I was wondering the same thing too Toasty! ARE you pregnant? (:
I LOVED all of your pictures, my favorites are the last one of Tyler and the one of you and Natalie on some beach, I assume you're in Forks. Can you come to UT now for our annual Halloween Party? (; Miss you guys!!

dana and justin said...

so glad you finally posted! we need to talk again soon! hehe

cassaundra said...

Really? it is about time! So glad you posted. It was GREAT having you guys at LP and i am so excited about the recipe. Keep up the blogging you are such a great writer. Oh and your nephew is BEAUTIFUL!! oh, melts my heart.