...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
I'M PREGNANT!
I would post the picture of my ultrasound, but I have no idea how to transfer it onto the computer.
I know this may be shocking for most (and probably even more shocking for us) since we have never hinted at having kids anytime soon, but we (by "we" I mean "I") are so excited! I actually think this is putting Ben through an early midlife crisis. He seems to have a heightened level of stress, and keeps claiming that this baby is HIS and not MINE (never mind how I seem to be the one choking down several servings of broccoli each day and being denied even one sip of my lifeline: diet coke, from my anal retentive husband who keeps repeating that HIS baby is going to be healthy). Nevertheless, I am still excited and feel that this could not have worked out any better considering that the baby is due only a few weeks after I graduate. According to the doctor, I am eight weeks four days pregnant and my baby is due on May 31st!
And I'd like to add that I am completely convinced that this baby is a girl, as is Ben, but for completely different reasons. I had several dreams before I even knew that I was pregnant about having a baby girl, so I think it's a sign. However, Ben thinks it's a girl according to the ever-so-accurate Chinese calender. More than likely we'll both be wrong, but it's fun to speculate.
And just so that I can add these pictures...I was lucky enough to tag along with Ben while he did a homeshow in San Diego. I got to hang out with these rugrats again, who I can't seem to get enough of (oh, and my dear sweet family!).
18 comments:
yeah jess! i need to call you soon and hear more about this. i can't believe you're not sick! congrats again! have you signed up for the emails that tell you every week how your baby's developing? i love babycenter.com
Yes! I'm so excited that it is official. And it better be a girl!
yay for girls. Let's go get drunk of diet coke while Ben is outta town. Oh and the chinese calander was wrong for me, but I hope it's a girl...but if it's a boy Scarlett and him can get married!
I knew it!! Congratulations Toasty! I'm so excited for you, and it'll be fun that your baby won't be too far apart in age from Carissa's babies.
How's the morning sickness going? Try those preggie pops, sometimes that helped me!
Also you need to take 1 vitamin B6 with 1/2 of a unisom each night and morning. It really helps ease the nausea. I'm down to just taking the dose each night, but at first it seems to help taking them morning and night!
Good luck Jess! Add the floating baby to your blog (like I have on mine) from babystrology, it's kinda fun to see!
YEAH!!!
Wow, I sure sound bossy! Sorry about that last comment. Of course they are only friendly suggestions, you know! (: Luv ya!
What?!! Is this why we have been playing phone tag over the past couple of weeks!!? I hope you were calling to tell me! I am so happy for you!! Oh I can't wait, I want to babysit her already (I think it's a girl too for some reason)
dude, ben, you're gonna be a dad...congratulations buddy...and to Jessica too...I have a feeling the little one will be a bit spoiled by his/her dad! Best of luck to both of you!
Wow! Hooray for you both. I understand how you feel about the diet coke--a couple of weeks ago, I quit for a week and 2 days and then i got myself attached again--I swear it's going to be the death of me and you're the one who got me started on it!! I hope you feel guilty! just kidding!! :)
I'm really happy for you guys. It's so exciting! You better update your blog as you go so we can all keep up with you guys & the baby. Tell Ben congrats for us!
p.s. how does Gus feel about all this?!
It was pretty funny how several people guessed that I was pregnant on my last blog...weird. And yes Brooke, that's why we've been playing phone tag. Rachel, you don't sound bossy at all, I love it. And Savvy, I'm not a bit sorry, just pissed that you can have all you want while I suffer.
I'm glad you finally made the official announcement so I can start telling everyone I know, oh wait, too late!! Muahahahaha! And I'll only feel sorry for you if you get morning sickness, otherwise, so not fair!!
We are SO excited for you...i guess all the baby talk at LP worked!! I agree with "Jenny" babycenter.com is the best. I have it for both Ruby and Miles...the chinese calendar told me i was having both...2 diff. calendars. Ben is totally busted for not calling us!! Let him know. CONGRATULATIONS!! now you really need to move to CA.
We are still so excited!!! Keep us posted on everything! Love you guys!
Congrats, Jess! I want to see lots of big belly pics in the months to come! How is school going? Check out our blog, if you want.
www.rauchcow.blogspot.com
Congratulations, Macks. I just saw Ben up here a couple days ago, but we seriously need to meet up some time.
Hey Matthew & Jessica!!
First I have to say CONGRATS! I am so excited for you and extremely jealous! I can only imagine the excitement ya'll have and I know Matthew (dispite all the stress & mid-life crisis he is going thru) he is going to make a great daddy! That LITTLE GIRL will have him so wrapped around her little finger it wont be funny!
I didnt know ya'll have an Akita... we use to have one and they are such beautiful and very well behaved dogs... Now we just have half of one... She is part Akita part St. Bernard...
Jessica I met you once before, dont know if you remember. But I had a question for you, I am totally in love with that pink swimsuit on your blog... where on earth did you find them and where can I get mine? lol...
well, well! I am so thrilled...I knew that after a few days on the lake with our crew you would be screaming to get yourselves some. It really is the best, I hope your feeling ok!?
Hey Jessica~
CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you and Ben. There is nothing better then being parents!
Sorry about the Diet Coke thing. I was lucky, Diet Coke (or any dark soda) was the enemy while I was pregnant. Just the thought of it made me want to be sick. And you know how much I drank diet Coke before!
I'm glad I found you blog~ it'll be fun to keep up with each other through the blogging world.
Love you guys~
Meg
P.S. Congrats on getting a dog. I was wondering how long it'd take you to break Ben. ;) Gus is quite the cute pup!
YAAAAAYYY JESS!! I am so excited for you guys! I hope you are doing ok and don't go through the horrible morning sickness that I did! I love you and can't wait to hear more! I think it will be a girl:-)
-Di
Post a Comment