However, I was brutally awakened to the pathetic and embarrassing state of my athletic ability the next weekend when two of my old roommates informed me they had hiked in AND out of Havasupi with packs on just the week before me! I wish I could claim the temperature was much more brutal when I was there, or that my pack was larger, but I finally had to come to grips with the truth...I am not HARD-CORE.
Ben decided to demonstrate one of his many talents of catching squirrels. After a few hours of bating them with peanuts while we all video-taped, Ben finally snagged a big one. Him and my dad proceeded to try and drown the squirrel (they claimed they wanted to see him swim) in the nearby river. It was no surprise to the rest of us when the squirrels starting trying to steal our playing cards and Gatorade as revenge.
The beautiful falls:
After our strenuous......helicopter ride....
And a few pictures of my trip to San Diego for Brooke's wedding:
5 comments:
you are hardcore in my book jess. 20 miles is kind of a big deal. brooke's wedding looked so fun i'm sad i missed it! your little niece is so big and cute!
nice i so proud you posted something i heard that hike was hard go job getting a helicopter ride out!
Well, I guess you'll just have to do it again and actually hike out this time! Maybe third times the charm! Oh, and no I will not be joining you. I am perfectly fine not being a hardcore hiker!
First of all, I'm so glad that we couldn't go with you guys to the Grand Canyon b/c it makes my body ache just thinking about all that hiking.
Second of all, I LOVE the picture of you carrying a huge pack and Ben is only carrying a small backpack...what a nice husband.
A helicopter?? What happened? I love that Ben caught a squirrel... cracks me up. How are you guys? I'm glad to see you're still drinking diet coke! :) I haven't had any in 3 days now...! And I'm trying to keep that going as long as I possibly can...
Post a Comment