As for the last month, we will start with the wonderful, and horrible at the same time, addition of a black lab named Bear to our family. I was a little apprehensive about this change in the beginning but decided my son, Gus, would be much happier with a playmate. After three weeks of deciding to keep the annoying, hyperactive little sh*t, we took him to get neutered. That was when the trouble started... Gus decided he did not like the new and improved Bear and attacked him. Being home alone, and the strong person I am, I took it upon myself to separate the two. After several puncture wounds in my arm, a traumatized gardener, and a trip to the emergency room, we were all alive, and as well as can be expected. I wish I could say this was the end, but the two nemesis enemies met again the next evening. This time we were smart enough not to put our hands in their way. However, I can say that I am officially emotionally traumatized after watching the dogs trying to kill each other. Ironic enough, Bear survived without a scratch while my poor son ended up in the emergency room with a shaved head, stitches, a cone around his head, and on house arrest (according to animal control). So it is now evident where my lack of time for blogging has come from.


On a lighter note, my mom and sisters came to visit last weekend and grass was put in our backyard! I have also come to the conclusion that the hardships I have dealt with in the past month deserve some new outfits and swimsuits. Yes, I went shopping! And not just any shopping (because the idea of walking into a mall makes me want to vomit), but online shopping. This is when I buy EVERYTHING I can find, try them on when they arrive, and return 85% of the purchases when I realize they don't fit me or they make my love handles too evident. Of these numerous purchases were three one piece swimsuits! I can only imagine how proud each latter-day individual must be, but before you get too excited, I am not turning over a new leaf, I just really enjoyed the look of these new items.


8 comments:
I'm glad you finally got a chance to write a post about horace and jasper. (aka Gus and Bear) I'm a little disappointed that you did not include any pictures of Gus with his cone on. Quite hilarious!
FINALLY!!! Love handles?? If YOU have love handles what does that make mine? Love BAGS?
Sounds like you had quite the adventure with your sons!! We have a lab named Bear also! It's a she though and she's yellow, she's 13 weeks and has been a lot of work but we love her!
Jess, I am so excited I found the link to your blog on Aundra's. Love the swimsuits...so you have love handles...mine must be Michelin Tires. You know Ben and you said nothing about Bear being a little sh*t when you were trying to GIVE him to me. I have more sh*ts around my house then I know what to do with. True one more probably wouldn't make a difference. Sorry the adoption fell through, I hope you are surviving. I love seeing you and Bunz. It makes me happy to know you guys are here in Vegas, even though our visits are far in between. I hope you guys will come see us at our new house. I'll give you directions once we have moved in. It is hard to find...Love Carrie
Oh by the way your heading says srapbook...
Jessica!! Finally! I have been missing you. So sorry to hear about your little shmoopies fighting. Okay so I think the middle suit is Juicy right? What are the other two? So cute. Unfortunatley I will be forced into a bathing suit this summer for LP and am always looking for a cute one that sucks in my love handles...you, love handles?? You are kidding right?
man doggie drama! why the heck did you get another dog??
I can't believe they attacked each other! p.s. i need your email address woman so I can add you to my new blog:-)
Post a Comment